2007-10-24

WSUS Breaks itself

It seems that the WSUS-3.0-sp1 update from Automatic Updates has broken WSUS on one of the servers at work!

Apon initial investigation, I found that WSUS 3.0 was installed, the files were all there and the database existed, however there was no registry entry for the configuration.

This is how I fixed it (after realising that it refused to uninstall).

Logged onto the Perth main WSUS server and exported HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup and imported it into my replica server. I immediately uninstalled WSUS and installed the default 3.0 version and I am now back in business :)

NOTE TO SELF: Move away from Windows-based servers and workstations...

Post a Comment
 
Google+